Today has been so strange... Even though I went to sleep fairly early last night my sleep was interrupted by the sounds of fireworks and gunshots being fired in the air at precisely 12:00 midnight on the dot. It was NYE after all so I went back to sleep without too much grumbling. But sleep was cut short after I heard the sounds of hail, sleet and snow hitting my bedroom window sometime in the middle of the night. I woke up every hour on the hour saying a prayer to the citrus tree gods to spare my grove from the inch or so of snow that was blanketing my trees from what I could see from squinted eyes in the darkness of night. Oh sadness. I kept checking my weather app on my phone to monitor the temperature.. and as luck would have it the temp barely dipped below 33-32 degrees Fahrenheit even though it was raining snow half the night.
I woke up to this strange sight:
That would be snow in a palm tree. I'm hoping that palm tree doesn't die, or it will have to be cut down... or as one of my friends told me to "euthanize it now." Nothing is more pitiful than a palm tree that loses its head and it its place remains a stick. There are whole streets in Tucson that have sticks lining the sides of the road.. where once majestic palms mightily used to sway.
![]() |
| sad headless palm trees as far as the eye can see |
Here is the bell of the ball, my lemon tree in her evening attire. She looks glamourous and yet comfortable in her gown.
So after putzing around looking at frost bitten lantana bushes around the yard I came inside to bumble around on Facebook to see what everyone else was doing on this first day of the year... and I came across this fancy painting on my friends wall. I think i've pretty much adopted these two as my spirit guides for 2015! HELL YEAH! They look cheery and possess a positive can-do attitude!
Speaking of can-do attitude. So I somewhere in the middle of the day decided that I needed to repaint the vanity in my bathroom, as well as giving a fresh coat of paint to the trim etc. I figured, "HEY, if three guys can bust out of Alcatraz in a month, surely to goodness I can repaint my bathroom in a weekend. Well, the jury is still out on that one. I really should have changed out of my pj's before taking on this project...now i -actually- have to go put on a different set. Oy vey.
![]() |
| me and my "can-do" attitude. Heavy on the attitude. |
Ok, i'm off like a prom dress. I just filled my belly with this wackadoo "peanut butter and jelly" smoothie and i'm slowly entering the carb zone.
I hope everyone had a good day today to start off the new year!! Have a healthy and happy new year and most of all....make good decisions!
Love,
Desi






Enjoy the rest of your winter break Desi! Looking forward to following your blog!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Beauty! I am going to enjoy the rest of the three days hard. So hard. :P
ReplyDeleteDesi - we need proof that you sleep! You're like the energizer bunny!!
ReplyDeleteI can't helllpp itttt!! LOL
DeleteI love your first post Desi! Once upon a time I decided to paint a metallic glaze over my existing bathroom paint color (in my pajamas). I ended up repainting it 3 times that day:-(. Enjoy your break:-)
ReplyDeleteDo you still have pictures of it? That seems like something I would do!! :D
DeleteI totally NEED to go to that fabric store with you!
ReplyDeleteOMG YOU WOULD GO NUTS Catherine!!! I'm finishing up my post about it today!
Delete